Facility Info & Services
259 James Street
Smithfield, VA 23430
Get Directions »
Phone: 757 365 4060
Fax: 757 365 0602
The Luter Family YMCA provides a safe, family-oriented environment, and a gathering place for thousands of kids, families, seniors and individuals. In its previous life, part of the Luter Family YMCA was Smithfield High School. It was leased to the YMCA by the County of Isle of Wight in 1995. It was renovated in 2004 and again in 2012 with the expansion of the Wellness Center, Child Watch and Group Exercise rooms.
Our facility includes
- 25-meter, 6-lane pool
- Child Watch for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years
- Youth Watch for children ages 5 to 12 years
- Full Gymnasium
- Group Exercise Studio
- Licensed School-Age Child Care for 5 to 12 years, held at local elementary schools
- Men’s, Women’s and Family Locker Rooms
- Summer Camp program, licensed and on site
- Teen Camps
- Trained and certified professional staff
- Wellness Center
- Monday – Thursday: 5:15 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 5:15 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve (6:00 p.m.)
Child Watch Hours
- Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday & Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Youth Watch Hours
- same as child watch hours during the summer
To Use Child Watch/Youth Watch
- Children 12 and under must be directly supervised by a parent or guardian (Guardians must be 18 or older)
- Children must be signed in and out of the Child Watch and Youth Watch by a parent or guardian
- Children are permitted to stay in the Child Watch for up to 2 hours. Youth are permitted to stay in the Youth Watch for up to 2 hours
- Parent or guardian must remain in the building at all times while under-aged children are in the building
- Children must be 13 or older to utilize the Fitness Center, and must have an orientation. Children 13-15 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian