COMMIT TO BE FIT!
Posted on: December 29, 2016
IS BEING HEALTHIER YOUR ANNUAL RESOLUTION?
It is human nature to perform your best when you are personally challenged and when you share your goals with others. So the Y is challenging all of our members to take a pledge to be more active and eat healthier.
YOU CAN DO IT!
TRY SOME OF THESE IDEAS:
- Commit to walk 3 times a week for 20 minutes each time
- Commit to eat one healthy cooked meal at home per day
- Commit to reduce processed, pre-packaged foods
- Commit to eat 5 servings a day of fruits and/or vegetables
- Commit to watch less television and spend less time on electronics
- Commit to be more active with your family, friends or pets
- Commit to drink more water each day and less soda or sugared drinks
- Commit to take the stairs more and the elevators less
- Commit to park farther away from the entrance to grocery and department stores
- Commit to eat out less at fast food restaurants
- Commit to pack healthy lunches for work and school